23 August 2007

England for the english.


While getting ready to move house I was digging around in the master tapes box and came across this edit I did in 2001. It's from a UK Vans team tour I went on as filmer that year.

It was in the days when there was money - I got paid, I got per diem and it was a great laugh for the whole week. They had another guy with a camera that I don't think skated going up to parents at demos going "what do you think of skateboarding?" and Vans intended to make a documentary of some sort. I thought the outcome could only be embarrassing and amateur and I'd just done the No War For Heavy Metal documentary for Channel 4 and wasn't interested in repeating myself (wasn't I a diva!?) so I refused to edit the Vans one. I don't think they ever did anything with the footage at all.

Anyway, I made this just for myself at the time. It has several things wrong with it. Coldplay for one! Hey, I didn't know they would become one of those bands that everybody hates and I quite liked that tune at the time. Ok, ok - I'm a fag.

It has some sick shit from Toddy, Channer and Pulman, who were on fire that week, and features cameos from Kingy, Snowy, Pin, Silvester and even Ben Powell. Police bank R.I.P!

No comments: