29 October 2006

Were you standing in the greeting card aisle when I called you up?

First couple of days around NYC... in no particular order...
Went to some at show at Lit last night with Jeff. Gonz, Neck Face, Phil Frost, etc. Whatever, their work doesn't speak to me like a Ghostbusters drawing. Fuck knows who did it but it does say "Many shuvs and zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the slor that day I can tell you" which as quotes go is pure poetry.Mike's Cameron outfit from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Nobody in the states actually wears proper Halloween costumes. I didn't see one single Vampire or Frankenstein last night. I did see Captain America catching a cab though.
Met up with Joey and went round to the apartment him and his girlfriend are staying in. Typically for Joe it's about 10 times bigger than a regular NY apartment. Luck like this is a trademark Pressey manoeuvre.
These fuckers are multiplying I swear.
Panasonic commercial with the Girl team playing in times square.
This girl was on her own in this mexican joint when a bunch of others asked if they could share her table with her. None of them were talking until she spilt her whole box of really sloppy nachos all over herself. After that they were deep in conversation for ages. I like to think it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

No comments: